Planning for Successful Promotion and Tenure in VCU School of Medicine
Date & Time: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 • 9 am - 11 am
Location: Molecular Medicine Research Bldg., 1st Fl, Rooms 1009/1011
• Tips from department leadership • Review of P&T process • Time for Q&A and discussion
Come learn about approaches to successful promotion and tenure (P&T) planning and review and hear about P&T from the department leaderships’ perspective. As a result of participating in this seminar, attendees will be able to:
- better understand the promotion and tenure process in the School of Medicine.
- identify and access resources to assist the promotion and tenure planning.
- describe the key elements of a successful P&T packet.
- avoid common pitfalls in preparing documentation for P&T.
9:00 – 9:20 am Elizabeth Ripley, MD, MS
- Faculty Affairs Overview
- VCU SOM Promotion and Tenure Process
9:20 – 9:40 am Pam Knapp, PhD
- P & T resources
9:40 – 10:00 am Ann Fulcher, MD
- P & T Pitfalls
10:00 – 11:00 am Small group focused meetings w/presenters
This seminar is sponsored by the Office of Faculty Affairs, School of Medicine. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018
- 9:00am - 11:00am
- MMRB 1009/11
- MCV Campus
Education Program Coordinator