A Teaching Intensive Workshop for Medical Educators In-Person
**Note: Workshop date changed to Thursday, May 3rd.**
A Teaching Intensive Workshop for Medical Educators
Thursday, May 3, 2018
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
McGlothlin Medical Education Center (MMEC), Rm. 3-101
Join us for this interactive educational event designed for faculty, fellows, and others who teach in the health care setting.
Refreshments provided with RSVP by 4/30/18: https://vcuhealth.libcal.com/event/3918987
Terry Carter, Ed.D., Associate Dean for Professional Instruction and Faculty Development
VCU School of Medicine Office of Faculty Affairs
By the end of this workshop, attendees will have:
- Explored strategies for teaching learners "on the fly," including polling, use of concept maps, and Vella’s learning tasks.
- Examined the benefits of multiple models for teaching effectively, including an assessment of your own preferences for learning and how these influence your teaching style.
- Practiced giving and receiving feedback using the active inquiry model to build a helping relationship with learners.
- Used a proven strategy for ensuring that learners come to a lecture prepared by using Just-in-Time Teaching to ensure readiness with pre-class assignments.
This boot camp is sponsored by the School of Medicine Office of Faculty Affairs. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, May 3, 2018
- 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- MMEC 3-101
- MCV Campus
- Boot Camps
Education Program Coordinator