Lunchtime Learning: Mentoring and Coaching -- Which One Do You Need?
All members of the VCU community including fellows, housestaff, Inova, and VAMC faculty are invited.
Lunch provided with RSVP by Monday, October 22, 2018. Please direct cancellations to: email@example.com
Nicole Deiorio, M.D., Professor of Emergency Medicine, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, SOM
Jean Bailey, Ph.D., Assistant Dean for Faculty Development Office of Faculty Affairs, SOM
Having support for your career is important, yet we often don’t know what we need or where to find support that is helpful for different situations. Join your colleagues as we explore mentoring and coaching relationships and decide which option is right for you!
As a result of participating in this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the features of mentoring and coaching relationships.
- Summarize the importance of mentoring and coaching in academic medicine/medical education.
- Describe why mentoring and coaching are important to faculty success and development.
- Identify mentoring and coaching models and practices.
This workshop is sponsored by the Office of Faculty Affairs, VCU School of Medicine. For directions to workshop location, visit the MCV Campus map available at: http://www.maps.vcu.edu/pdfs/mcv_map.pdf. For additional faculty development resources, visit the iTeach faculty development website at http://go.vcu.edu/iteach.
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm
- MMEC 3-101
- MCV Campus
Registration has closed.