Medical Education Symposium: Celebrating Scholarship and Innovation
All members of the VCU community including fellows, housestaff & Inova and VAMC faculty are invited.
The 2018 VCU School of Medicine Medical Education Symposium is being held on April 4, 2018 from 2:30p - 6:30p in the McGlothlin Medical Education Center.
Be sure to register here: https://vcuhealth.libcal.com/event/3919639?hs=a
This year’s symposium will feature six captivating 15-minute oral presentations that focus on educational innovation and scholarship!
- Talking about ethical issues in surgery: Results of a novel online pilot curriculum and needs assessment – Michael Amendola, MD, Surgery
- Leadership skills development for pediatric residents - Hadi Anwar, MD, Pediatrics
- Why residents’ perceptions of the clinical learning environment matter: Correlations between the ACGME resident survey, perceived organizational support, and psychological safety - Nital Appelbaum, PhD, MS, Assessment & Evaluation
- Medical rhetoric: Making the case for oral presentations - Patrick Fadden, MD, Internal Medicine
- The use of interactive holographic technology to teach surgical anatomy and improve self-confidence and preparedness for surgery in Urogynecology - Lauren Siff, MD, Urology
- Implementation of a Multi-Pronged Approach to Improve Education in Quality Improvement (QI) and to Increase Resident Involvement in QI Work - Ashlie Tseng, MD, Pediatrics
The oral presentations begin at 2:30p in MMEC 5-200A.
Immediately thereafter, more than 20 academic posters will be on display, with a delightful networking reception. Poster topics will focus on clinical coaching, advancing collaborative care, quality improvement, video-based teaching, and more!
The poster reception begins at 4:40p on the 1st floor in the MMEC Atrium.
Please register soon: https://vcuhealth.libcal.com/event/3919639?hs=a
For directions to workshop location, visit the MCV Campus map available here: http://www.maps.vcu.edu/pdfs/mcv_map.pdf
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018
- 2:30pm - 6:30pm
- MMEC Lobby/Gallery
- MCV Campus
Education Program Coordinator