Planning for Successful Promotion and Tenure
Date & Time: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 • 9 am - 11 am
Location: Molecular Medicine Research Bldg., 1st Fl, Rooms 1009/1011
William Dewey, Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, SOM
Elizabeth (Betsy) Ripley, M.D., M.S., Professor and Interim Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs, SOM; Nephrology Eminent Scholar
Aron Lichtman, Ph.D., Former member, SOM Promotion and Tenure Committee; Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology, SOM;
Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies, SOP
• Tips from department leadership • Review of P&T process • Time for Q&A and discussion
Come learn about approaches to successful promotion and tenure (P&T) planning and review and hear about P&T from the department leaderships’ perspective. As a result of participating in this seminar, attendees will be able to:
- better understand the promotion and tenure process in the School of Medicine.
- identify and access resources to assist the promotion and tenure planning.
- describe the key elements of a successful P&T packet.
- avoid common pitfalls in preparing documentation for P&T.
This seminar is sponsored by the Office of Faculty Affairs, School of Medicine. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Wednesday, November 1, 2017
- 9:00am - 11:00am
- MMRB 1009/11
- MCV Campus
- Professional Development Series
Education Program Coordinator