Lunchtime Learning: Fake news or Real revolution: Social media platforms in health communication
All members of the VCU community including fellows, housestaff & Inova and VAMC faculty are invited.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics, uses, and measures of major social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) used in health communication,
- Explain the concept of information literacy and recognize reliable sources in social media,
- Define communication terms (ie. tweets, RTs, hashtags) that are used by online healthcare authorities, influencers, and stakeholders, and
- Examine best practices to enhance the use and management of multiple social media platforms (via Hootsuite, etc.).
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm
- MMEC 3-101
- MCV Campus
- Lunchtime Learning
Registration has closed.
Education Program Coordinator